I. US being dependant on foreign fuel puts the US at the will of foreign countries.
A. Foreign countries can control prices.
1. Make prices hard on Americans.
2. Create a gas shortage.
B. Create Political Pressure on the US
1. Control American economics.
2. Pressure on economic based politics.
C. Foreign countries profits from the US are often used to support unfavorable activities
1. Foreign oil companies often support terrorist activities.
II. Buying foreign fuels may support environmentally harmful tactics of producing energy.
A. Producing for pure profit.
1. Profit more important than worrying about the environment.
B. Lower standards for safety precautions.
1. Smaller precautions taken to keep the environment clean.
2. Slower reactions to oil spills.
C. Old technology used.
1. No innovation occurring.
2. Old technology not as clean and inefficient
III. US produce energy with more environmentally friendly precautions.
A. Higher standards.
1. Better precautions taken
2. Safer standards for employees.
B. Newer technology
1. Better technology that is greener.
C. Pressure by Americans to use clean means to produce energy with.
1. Americans would like to support cleaner businesses.
2. Competition from other companies using cleaner forms of production.
IV. Support innovative ways of producing renewable resources.
A. Find more forms of renewable resources.
1. Give reason to support renewable energy research.
B. Improve ways of capturing renewable energy.
1. Improve ways of gathering energy.
2. Update old structures to make them more efficient and sustainable.
C. Help the environment stay healthy.
1. Reason to use cleaner energy.
2. Would have to use renewable energy to meet US energy needs.
V. Open more jobs in the US
A. Jobs researching new forms of energy.
1. Scientific studies.
2. Lead to other innovative findings that would support the US.
B. More jobs in the labor field.
1. Skilled labor needed.
2. Occupations from many fields needed to support energy collection.
C. More jobs support better US economy.
1. More money in the economy.